The 2017 ASEM DUO Fellowship Programme is now open to applications until 15 April 2017.
The Programme aims to:
• Promote balanced increase of student, teacher and professor contact and exchanges between Europe and Asia
• Contribute to setting up regular-basis exchange programs between European and Asian tertiary institutions
• Establish deeper understanding between two regions
Applicants must meet all eligiibility requirements:
- Applicants must be member of the academic or scientific staff of an institution of a Wallonia-Brussels or an Asian Higher Education Institution (HEI) (i.e. they must be remunerated by the HEI and
it must be their main occupation);
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must be recognized/accredited by the competent authorities in the field of higher education;
- The Asian institution must be located in one of the following countries : Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New-Zealand, Pakistan,Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam;
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must sign a cooperation agreement or must have expressed the intention to sign one in the two following years;
- The applicants who already begun the exchange before the application period of the 2017 DUO-Wallonia/Brussels programme do not qualified for the grant;
- According to the framework established by ASEM-DUO, the citizenship of the professors is not a criterion for eligibility;
- The fellowship programme is open to all disciplines.
For the academic year 2017-2018, the DUO Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels grants are awarded to a pair of professors for a project that should take place between August 2017 and August 2018.