About the ASEMHRS Training
The ASEMHRS training is part of the Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights Series (ASEMHRS) which aims to promote greater cooperation and better understanding of human rights issues in Asia and Europe.
The training serves as a follow-up to the 21th Informal ASEM Seminar on “Human Rights & Climate Change”, which was held on 16-18 March 2022 in Luxembourg. The objectives of the training are to increase participants’ knowledge of the interlinks between human rights and climate change policy and how human rights obligations can support action to tackle climate change at the national, regional and international level.
Call for Proposals
ASEF is seeking a training organisation to design and deliver learner-centred training on the above topic with a view to:
– Build capacity and technical knowledge in support of ASEM Partners efforts to mitigate climate change and promote rights-based climate action
– Provide practical, participatory, and interactive learning about the methodologies and approaches to addressing human rights concerns associated with climate change
– Facilitate the exchange of knowledge and best practices to alleviate the impact of climate change on human rights
The training organisation may explore any of the following sub-topics:
– Reinforcing socio-ecological resilience of communities through information and public participation
– Promoting the full enjoyment of human rights by all persons affected by climate change
– Green, equitable and inclusive: Innovative ideas on international cooperation to address the impacts of climate change on human rights
– Taking stock of national and international human rights regimes to protect against the consequences of climate change
– OR propose other sub-topic(s) related to the Key Outcomes and Recommendations of the 21st Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights.
The Training Organisation is expected to:
– Design the training programme, curriculum and materials suitable for the proposed target group and for a virtual environment
Please refer to ASEMHRS21 Training Leaflet under the Documents section for more information.
Queries, CVs, cover letters, and proposals (including budget) should be emailed to Ms Armi Hannele AARNI (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr Simon PIOLDI (email@example.com). Please CC firstname.lastname@example.org. Expressions of interest must be received by 23h59 (Singapore time) on Sunday, 26 June 2022. Please use the proposal template available under the documents section.