The 2nd ASEM Education Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM ME2) was held from 14-15 May 2009 in Hanoi, Viet Nam. It was hosted by the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam.
Plenary session I: “Quality assurance, Credit Recognition and Transfer in ASEM”
- Starting Asia-Europe dialogue on the Bologna Process and a Parallel Process for Asian countries by implementing three pilot groups of experts on the following topics:
- Credits and Learning Outcomes; Quality Assurance; and
- Qualification Frameworks.
- Increasing the number Joint study programs between Asian and European higher education institutions by using bilateral and multilateral funding schemes.
- Sharing information, experience and best practice in standards and guidelines.
Plenary session II: “Sustainable Human Resource Development for ASEM Future Needs”
- Employability regarding industrial needs and international skill demands
- Sharing information and data on skills forecast by set up links among national skills forecasting centers to improve information on new skills for new jobs.
- Promoting vocational education and training by improving the attractiveness of VET through training of trainers and curriculum innovation.