Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam in collaboration with Ministry of Foreign Affairs is hosting the Asia-Europe Tourism Forum with theme of “Enhancing Asia–Europe Partnership for Sustainable Tourism Development” from 11th to 12th September 2008, in Ho Chi Minh City. The Forum is aimed to realise the Ha Noi Declaration on Closer ASEM Economic Partnership by the heads of ASEM member countries in October 2004. The objectives of the Forum are to develop various forms of partnership and recommend ways and means to encourage two-way tourism exchange between Asia and Europe for sustainable tourism development.
The Forum is held in conjunction with the 4th Ho Chi Minh International Travel Expo, a national travel fair of Viet Nam. Expected participants includes:
- Senior tourism officials of ASEM member countries who want to learn more about policies on sustainable tourism development and performance of tourism exchange between Asia and Europe.
- Managers of tour operators, travel agencies, GDS operators, online vendors who want to receiving and sending tourists to Asian and European countries.
- Experts and researchers from Asian and European tourism institutes who wish to share their studies on sustainable tourism & poverty ellimination, impacts of climate change to tourism, cultural preservation and tourism development at ASEM members.
- International organizations who wish to share their knowledge and experience on management and sustainable development of tourism.
- Participation to this Forum is by invitation. Inquiries on logistics and forum arrangements should be directed to: