ASEM at 20: The challenge of connectivity [Livestreamed]
9 September 2015
Launched in 1996, the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) celebrates its 20th anniversary next year. Friends of Europe is organising a high-level conference on "ASEM at 20: The challenge of connectivity" to discuss ways in which Asia and Europe can step up their engagement. The conference is organised in cooperation with the European External Action Service (EEAS) and will be held in Brussels on Wednesday, 9 September, from 13.30 to 18.30.
Speakers will look at ambitious plans to revive and renew ASEM through stronger transport, infrastructure, digital and people-to-people connections.
Questions addressed will include:
- Is connectivity a credible recipe for reinforcing and reviving ASEM?
- What are the different projects and ideas which should get special attention when discussing Asian-European connectivity?
- What lessons and experiences can Asia and Europe share with each other?
- What is being done to encourage institutional and people-to-people connectivity in ASEM?
- What are the results of recent ASEM meetings on education in terms of enhancing connectivity?